Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mia Michaels: Broaden Your Mind

Mia Michaels contributes this piece to Movmnt Magazine.

I remember as a little girl going to see a Broadway show with my dad every summer. I remember the electricity in the audience before the curtain rose. I remember the men and women that pranced into the theatre dressed in the finest garb, dripping in diamonds, furs, and anything else they could showcase on the way to their sacred red velvet seats. It was a big deal to be there. I remember watching in amazement and feeling the powerful wave of magic that poured from the lips of the stage directly through the viewers and right into my young, open, hungry heart.
The voices, the movement, the story, the experience marinated in my every pore for hours, days, perhaps even weeks after, which in turn kept me inspired and more on fire to achieve my dreams for the rest of the year until I came back to the Big Apple next summer. Sigh… (smile) More...