Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Around The Web

Ducky continues his So You Think You Can Dance Video Death Match. This week, there's a twist.

So many people complained that their favorite routine wasn’t listed. I get it, if every routine mentioned was listed, then we’d have a Death Match that runs until next season begins… wait a minute! No, not happening. I am however throwing a wrench in this week’s vote.

By popular demand, I am adding Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell’s SAMBA! There is a catch though. That means that 3 routines will be eliminated this week!


LINK


The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has an article about Neil Haskell.
The anniversary gala was supposed to be for Chautauqua Ballet's artistic director Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux, but the ballet students seated at the back of the amphitheater in Chautauqua, N.Y., were trying to honor another of their own. During a rather late second intermission, they took out their cell phones and started to repeatedly vote for "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant Neil Haskell.


MORE


Blogger/dancer Kate Herrell writes about how movement affects her:
About mid-way through season 3, Mia Michaels choreographed a piece about meeting her father in heaven to the song Time by Billy Porter. Lacey Schwimmer and Neil Haskell performed the piece so... indescribably.

I found myself crying through the entirety of the piece and I couldn't really understand why. The piece itself was beautiful, but it wasn't like I could relate to it; I haven't lost any really close family members.

But then I realized it; dance can effect me like nothing else can.


MORE