Friday, August 17, 2007

Backstage Report

TVGuide's Deborah Starr Seibel takes us backstage at the finale:

Benji Schwimmer, who moonlights as a correspondent for Fox Reality TV, had just wrapped his interview with So You Think You Can Dance's new champion, Sabra Johnson. He lowers his microphone and puts his arms around her, talking quietly into her ear. Dazed and confused from her big win and all the backstage hubbub surrounding her, Sabra nods and closes her eyes, listening to words of wisdom from someone who's been there.

"He just said to keep having fun and be grateful for it," says Sabra moments later. "This puts me exactly where I need to be - almost ahead of the game. I haven't had the chance to work with a lot of choreographers. Now I can pay the rent. Now I can pay for dance classes. Now I don't have to work three jobs just to try to do that. It's more than I could've asked for."


MORE