Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blogging Music from SYTYCD


Hello BSYTYCD! Natalie here. I've been a long-time reader of BSYTYCD and an even longer-time watcher of SYTYCD (okay, maybe not that long, just since Season 2).

On BSYTYCD, I've always noticed the occasional question about a song and who sings it, so I asked Ted if I could make it easier for everyone and write a recap of the songs from each episode. The music is a secondary aspect of the show, but with songs often creating a mood for the performances and the live performances on results' nights, I figured it was an opportunity for me to contribute to this blog. With this season so far, we've seen an array of songs used by the dancers. Most of it depends on the style of dance and the message the dancer wants to convey.

I realize that the only time the show does not list the songs is during auditions and I believe through Vegas week, but I know that when you're rushing to get back to the tv with your snacks and Coca Cola (wait...this isn't Idol...) and you miss the song's name at the beginning of each performance, that you sometimes have questions about it. And I am here for that.

So to give you an idea of what I'll be posting, I made up a entry about a song from a previous week's auditions.

Song title: Stop and Stare
Artist/Band: OneRepublic
Where you heard it on the show: Kherington Payne's audition solo
Where you've heard it before: Where haven't you heard it? In the mall. On the radio. In your dreams. I'm sure we'll be hearing more of it.
Where you can listen to the whole song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhpqXbndFvQ (the song starts after the 1:10 mark) ***In the future, I'd like to be able to host songs and let you listen to them in mp3 format. The songs would not be downloadable, seeing as that's illegal, but I'd like to let you listen to the whole song before you decide to purchase it or buy the artist's album.
What else you might like: Keane. Brit-pop band that's often compared to Coldplay. Check out their song "Somewhere Only We Know".

This is a very rudimentary format for now. I'd like to take this as far as it can go, so any suggestions of how to improve this are greatly appreciated!

blog comments powered by Disqus