Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Quick Reviews

Emily at Eclaire Fare on Danny & Lauren's Contemporary:

Mia Michaels had them dancing as aliens. I didn’t see where aliens came into it. I liked the first half, when Danny’s movements were flawless. He brought Lauren up a couple of notches. However, the second half of the routine seemed to waste a lot of time running around the stairs when they could have continued the interesting movements.


MORE



Hanh Nguyen at From Inside The Box on Pasha & Lacey's Smooth Waltz:
I'm not that familiar with the technical aspects of ballroom, but I was gratified that the judges backed up my feeling that I had seen something beautiful, controlled and complex. Pasha, the ultimate partner, did a great job, and Lacey, who's not that skilled with ballroom, kept up with the rise and fall movement, had beautiful lines and actually projected emotion. I'm not so sure the lift was successful, but I appreciate the effort. Oh, and I was very happy in this case that the music had no lyrics to get in the way of the lyrical dance.


MORE