Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mia In The News


Mia Michaels recently taught at Spinfest, a gathering of drumcorps and colorguard enthusiasts. Here's a review of that appearance from WGI.org.

The centerpiece of the weekend was the “Mia Michaels Experience” which certainly lived up to everyone’s wildest dreams. Fresh off her Emmy Award win last week, Mia entered the giant ballroom filled to capacity with 300 dancers and began a very challenging two-hour dance class which incorporated her unique style of movement and expression. Twenty minutes into the class she stopped and complimented the participants that her expectation of their ability had been lower and took the class to the next level. Ms. Michaels also brought along her gifted assistant, Ted Forance, who treated those in attendance to an amazing demonstration of improvisation.


MORE


Lyndsey Darcangelo at Lez Keep It Real posts the leftovers of an interview she did with Mia for Curve Magazine.
Is it more difficult when you connect to certain dancers?

Definitely, because you don’t know who you’re going to connect with. My first time working with Lacey, I connected to her big time and I didn’t think I would because I never connected to her brother at all. And when I had her the first week, I just thought she was a cool chick. She is just awesome and real. I thought if we wouldn’t be working together we’d be friends. So some of the dancers to just connect to. Like Dominick was just amazing to have around. He was just a joy. This season, by far, was my favorite season of dancers because of their personalities and talent. We laughed, cried, created and danced. It was a great season.


MORE