Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Another Dispatch From Lauren

Lauren Gottleib continues to keep us updated on the tour through her Myspace bulletins. Here's the latest:

Oct 1, 2007 1:55 AM

Subject: Tour update Cities 4-8

OOOOOk so I'm gonna have to start taking notes because I'm forgetting all of the little funny things that happen throughout the day if I don't write them down.

4. Reading, Pa---Took a while to get over the fact that its not pronounced like...reading a book. All these years of playing monopoly and saying the reading railroad wrong!! wow! Anywho, we got to the venue early and...

CLICK TO CONTINUE

had a few hours to walk around. Why I didn't bring my camera I DONT KNOW!!! We ended up going into a hip hop store that had a little back alley way. The walls were covered with graffiti so the 7 of us did a little photo shoot. I keep looking online for the pics but I don't think anyones posted them yet. The show was actually our smallest show yet. Didn't matter at all though because the crowd was so hyped.

5. Wilkes Barre, Pa--This is one that I cant remember too many little details about :( I really do need to start taking notes. I do know that there was a target right next door to the venue and I got myself a tamagotchi and a new game for my nintendo DS :) :) :) Kameron put on a one piece nighty with spaceships all over it i think hahaha. I'll have to post the pic! HILARIOUS!

6. Rochester, Ny--Sara and I checked out of our room and went across the street to get a smoothie. I don't know how this happened but it took 35 minutes for them to make our smoothie haha the bus almost left us!!! not cute! When we got to the venue the devil trio me, sara, and kameron went exploring around the city for a few hours. We took a few pics with some cool buildings, statues, and the river. Also, at one point in the day it was POURING RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooo basically I'm from the desert and am always out of town for the monsoon season. I haven't seen rain in 2 years!!!! AMAZING!! I dont know how it happened buuuuuuut we all came to the decision that Rochester's audience murdered Boston's!! Boston was incredible but Rochester went off!! Everyone came off stage cracking up because someone in the audience had said something funny. Just gooooood times! Lauren's funny moment for the night. Neil and I are on stage introducing the next number, Neil says give it up for Lacey and I say Danny. Something happened with my voice and half way through Danny my voice went wayyy up and cracked! Now you all know how much I want to be asian......it was totally an asian moment!!!!!!! The best part about it was I couldn't help but to laugh at myself hahaha....neil gave me the funniest look and i ran off stage (still in the spotlight where everyone could see it) cracking up! Was even better when we got off stage and everyone told me how asian I looked and sounded hahaha.

Day off in NYC---- So fun!! I spent till early afternoon making a few videos and trying my hardest to be computer smart and put them online for a little girl who's in the hospital. Its an extremely sad story but I cant get into it now or Ill get emotional once again. After that, Shauna and I spent the whole day together shopping. Another great moment for me (mischa chan;), I get stopped on the street by an asian woman saying "take pictcha" (picture ;), I asked what for and she said....kid you not,,,,,quote, unquote "my asian magazine" WHHHHAT!!!!! lauren=happiest girl in the world!

7. E. Rutherford---We had a completely packed house!!!!!!!!! 8 thousand people I think! OMG greatest feeling in the world! I don't think I've ever danced that hard in my life. Plus, Tyce Diorio and my x-boyfriend (awkward haha) were there so I of course had to dance even harder for them haha. Bad part of the night....story time.....so my swamp outfit has a built in bra. It some how broke before I went onstage so our wardrobe chica decided to safety pin it. I freaked out because every time they put safety pins in my costumes they always come undone and stab me. She assured me that it would not happen and then she wrapped some tape around it. Me still scared, gets on stage and as were pulling the net off of us, who's costume do you think gets stuck to the net.....OH YEA THATS ME!!! I missed probably the whole first 8 count of choreography where ooooh yea Im in the front/center very much in plain eyesight. ooooh but dont worry neil also missed the first 8 count because he was behind me playing tug of war with me and the net. I wish i could have seen him because he was yanking that net off of me....ended up ripping a huge hole in my costume buuuut whatever he got it off haha. So much was going through my head.....what if he couldn't get it off of me. There was absolutely no way I could have danced with that huge net attached to my back. I would have had to stay in the back of the stage improving with the net pretending I was in a swamp hahahahahahahaha would have been the funniest moment of tour. It was our producers last night with us. Now he's been there every second of the way through this year long experience. Doesn't feel right now that he's gone! We said our goodbyes and it took us over an hour to get outside to sign autographs so we didn't think anyone would still be around. We were soooo wrong! Ive never signed so many autographs in my life!!!!! I was super hyper that night and I had on my favorite outfit of all time! (I went to nyc and I came back with all these ghetto accessories hahaha). Unforgettable night!

8. Syracuse, Ny- First show without our producer!! Sad!! There were a few of my hard core fans in the audience so I was really looking forward to the show. Funny thing was, without ever seeing even a picture of them, I knew exactly which ones they were hahaha. Probably because they were the loudest and had a huge lauren sign (my first sign :) :) Felt like a great show, however I don't think I had as much energy as the night before. HORRIBLE moment in the night. Im onstage dancing my favorite routine (angel/devil) and there's a part where I turn into neil and drop my head down looking and my shoe and neil turns into me and whips his cane towards my shoe, its supposed to surprise me and its our first time really coming in contact with eachother. For the first time ever, he doesn't hit the cane on the floor next to my shoe, instead he hit me right above my eye!!!! The very next second Im supposed to look up at him all surprised. I did that alright haha!! but didnt REALLY look at him because my eye wouldn't open!!!!!!! Everything had happened so fast that I didnt even know why my head was pounding and i only had half of my eyesight. But with the look in Neils face I knew something had happened to me. If it weren't for him looking so concerned and wispering to me are you ok and over and over again saying sorry throughout the dance I think I would have started crying. We got though it and I almost passed out backstage but the show must go on. NUTTY!!!!!!!!! shit happens...gotta deal with it :)


wow! I dont think I have enough energy to re read what I wrote and fix mistakes haha. sad...but sorry! forgive me!

xoxoxo
lauren