Thursday, May 24, 2007

Idol's Done, Let The Dancing Begin




No big surprise that Jordin won Idol, especially after my fave Melinda was eliminated, at the same point in the season that last year's best singer, Elliott Yamin, was eliminated. Apparently, that's where America's taste ends.

The finale was good television. Any show that features Smokey Robinson and Gladys Knight is cool with me. I really enjoyed the Ruben/Jordin duet, and can see that being released as a single. Why they made poor Ruben sing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, I'll never know, but The African Children's Choir more than made up for that.

This piece in the Fayetteville Observer makes a crack about snarky British judges. I guess Nigel Lythgoe can be a bit snarky at times, but he has a much wider range of expression than Simon Cowell, dresses better, and is usually much more constructive in his criticism. Of the 2, I'll gladly take Nigel.