Thursday, July 26, 2007

Interviews

InRich interviews Virginia Beachers Jaimie Goodwin and Danny Tidwell:

Jaimie:

Between you, Travis and Danny, Denise Wall's studio has had three finalists in the top 10 over two seasons. Those seem incredible odds. How did that happen?

She's an amazing technician. She knows a lot about the body. She knows how kids think. Most every kid I've seen come to the studio has been able to adapt to her way of teaching and learn from her because of her methods and the time she takes. She's that person who can really connect with someone, and if you have ambition, dedication and self-discipline, you can be as successful as you want to be.


Danny:
The judges love you, describing you as their best dancer. Yet you've been in the bottom three several times based on viewers' votes. Why do you think that is, and what must you do to overcome that?

I think in ballet, you're taught so much respect. So when I walk into a room, I try to be quiet and focus. When I'm in the dance room, it doesn't come across to the camera. This is definitely a different atmosphere and it takes a second to grow into it: pop culture vs. classical art.
It's been a major change. I've been told to respect the fourth wall. Here, the camera is the fourth wall. I've spent a lot of time figuring out a way to come across without looking fake.


MORE
________________________________________

Anya Garnis gets the TVGuide interview treatment:
TVGuide.com: You've worn some pretty interesting costumes on the show for your solos. Do you make them?
Anya: I design them, but I have a dressmaker in NYC who makes them. I thought I would have more of a chance to show America my costumes — I had quite a suitcase with me. [Laughs]


MORE