Thursday, August 30, 2007

Interview With Danny


The BuddyTV interview with Danny Tidwell is up.

A lot of the judges had an opinion of you early on and you felt like you were misunderstood. Having thought about it now, can you think of why they maybe thought that you were so arrogant or standoffish? Because as the season went on, you became a lot more open and I don’t know if you were taking the judges’ criticisms to heart and trying to show more of yourself. I was just wondering how that whole thing affected you being on the show.

Well, when you dance on TV, you’re in a studio, so you’re in the same place every time and the camera’s there with different people each time, but not a lot of people so it was hard for me…I think they were trying to come across good to America.. I was very used to dancing on a stage in front of people theatrically, but I’m not used to pushing it to four different cameras and talking and getting my personality across as well.

So it was a challenge for me to take what my choreographer’s vision was, and to not only do that because then it’s also to present myself as Danny Tidwell to America in a competition. I’m just so used to surrendering all that I am to the work and the dance and not thinking about myself as much, so this competition I learned a lot about just how to get what I really think across and what I really feel across.


MORE