Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Video Of The Day

Several people have recommended this great Danny montage by EmbracingTheLight, who writes:

*Sigh*

I don't know exactly to say about this guy. I have this horrible penchant for writing way too much, so bear with me.

Danny Tidwell pretty much owned my summer - week after week, I tuned into SYTYCD, anxiously waiting for him to light up my screen...and he never failed to captivate me.

He's an inspiration and everything a dancer should aspire to be. He's like poetry and liquid in motion on any stage, and I find something wonderfully captivating about how he breathes, molds, and blends with the music. Watching him gave me a whole new appreciation for dance.

I won't even go into how bitter and ANGRY I am about that dumb "arrogant" edit (the producers can go dig a hole and die in it for that one), but I'm amazed by far he came. I expected him to leave weeks ago (despite the insane amount of voting I did), and seeing him in the final two really made me incredibly, amazingly happy.

Nonetheless seeing Danny and Sabra up there as the Final Two was bittersweet for me because I love Sabra too.

Although I was rooting for Danny more, I'm not about to be bitter or mean about the loss, because I truly do believe Danny has "won" in different ways (yeah I know how corny that sounds).

His last solo was a magnificent, quasi-spiritual celebration of his love for dance - he was bursting with joy. It was a moment, HIS moment and breakthrough.

So this montage is about his "journey" and how being on this show helped to reignite his passion for dancing.

His love for dance is back in full force, and the mere idea puts a huge smile on my face.

He's going to blow us all away.

Song: "Goodbye Apathy" by OneRepublic

Whew. Okay, I'll shut up now. :)