Friday, November 9, 2007

SYTYCD News Roundup

The Cincinnati Enquirer previews the tour date tonight by talking to Danny and Sabra. I noticed at least 3 errors in the article. I hope we can at least trust the direct quotes, this one from Danny about Travis:

"We've been rivals since we were kids. We used to dance around the house and score each other all the time. But we help each other out. I'm the technical one, he's the creative one, so we make a really good team that can fill in each others blanks. That's good for both of us."

LINK



Jaimie Goodwin is sick and apologizes for not participating in meeting the fans lately. She posted the following to her Myspace blog:
I'm sickkk...BBOOOO

Hey everyone, im really sorry i havent been able to come out after the show and meet everyone. Ive been really sick and now im on antibiotics. I wanna come out so bad and say hi, its honestly my favorite part. I'm fighting to get back up and out there. soooo hopefully ill see you soon!

Sending hugs,
Jaimie




The rest of the Mia Michaels interview we mentioned here has been published in Curve Magazine, which hits newsstands today. Here's a portion, as reprinted in a blog post at this Mia Michaels fan page:
The dance you choreographed for So You Think You Can Dance about meeting your father in heaven was very powerful and incredibly personal.

It was personal. When we were in rehearsal, I couldn't ... to this day I can't even get into it about my dad because it's such a touchy thing for me and so emotional. We had an amazing relationship, so when I was in rehearsal I couldn't even talk about it. I would write notes to the dancers about what I wanted them to do because I didn't want to be that vulnerable on camera.

Was it hard to put so much of yourself out there?

I wasn't really thinking about it. I was just thinking about the idea of meeting my dad in heaven and how cool it would be. My dad was a smoker and died of lung cancer. I had been a smoker since I was 14. The day of rehearsal I had just come in from having a smoke and it hit me ... why am I creating a dance about meeting my dad in heaven? It freaked me out because I was thinking, I don't want to meet him right now. I want to live my life. I quit smoking that day.




LJ Blogger theseekwill reports from the Toronto show:
Kam was just totally cool and a nice guy. Shauna was so grateful when I told her how much I loved "Dancing" this time around. She seemed really insecure about doing Dancing well and when I told her she met the bar and raised it, she looked as if she was going to cry. SHE IS ONLY 18! That is so crazy. She is so elegant and graceful and poised.

Then, oh Lordy, Jesus. He is SO, SO warm. Like, an amazing person. At first I just shook his hand and said something along the lines of "I just wanted to tell you that you are such an amazing performer and it's so encouraging to see that on television now a days. It's so rare." And he just pulled me into this big hug and was all "Thank you so, so much! That means so much to hear!"

LINK



Our own Bryan Gaynor, aka Chibi, will teach a popping workshop at the Swing And Soul Weekend in Atlanta, Dec 7, 8, and 9.

LINK



By a margin of 160 to 4, readers of BSYTYCD rejected Nigel Lythgoe's recent suggestion of combining the So You Think You Can Dance tour with that of American Idol. I hope if anyone out there has Nigel's ear, they would please pass along the results.