Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Live Show Buzz

The Sunshine Coast Daily's Nathaniel Cooper attended the taping of Sunday night's show:

Dancers were being wheeled out to do their routines, judges were making comments (Jason Coleman was firing off pretentious twaddle) and Mary Murphy was squealing like a schoolgirl.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't think much of Mary Murphy when I tuned into the American series last year; I thought the squealing was a little odd. But after seeing her do it live in the flesh ... well, I am seriously considering taking up the squealing thing. She was sick, she was frozen.

Another surprise for me that evening was that Jason Coleman wasn't as supremely pretentious and annoying as he comes across on TV. After most of the routines he wandered up into the grandstand and congratulated the choreographers (although not the ones he slagged off). His comments also seemed more justified when I was there in the flesh, and made a welcome change from Bonnie saying she loved everything.


MORE