Friday, June 27, 2008

Natalie's Top 16 Results Show Music


Short and sweet this week since I’m a slacker. A different set of montage songs. I hope they keep doing this, but only if Nigel promises to never use an Avril Lavigne song ever again.

Mia Michaels’ Top 16 routine

Mia Michaels finds new ways to utilize songs every time. The poles emphasizing the beat was great. A strange song for a strange dance made by a strange choreographer.

Song title: The Dance
Artist/Band: Charlotte Martin
Where you’ve heard the song before: The same place your heard the song from Kourtni and Matt’s routine from last night.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Quest’s performance

The first 30 seconds of this dance made it for me. From the laugh to hitting every beat while standing on their hands. Sick nasty. I love Quest. It almost wouldn’t be fair to have them on ABDC…

Song title: Chemical Calisthenics
Artist/Band: Blackalicious feat. Cut Chemist
Where you’ve heard the song before: Not too sure, but I think they should use it for Chemistry class. I would have learned my elements way faster.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Continued after the jump...
Chelsea Traille’s solo

Another slow song. Nothing spectacular as far as how she used the song.

Song title: A Song for You
Artist/Band: Donny Hathaway
Where you’ve heard the song before: Elliott Yamin and Chris Richardson both performed this song on Idol. No surprise that it ended up on SYTYCD.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Thayne’s solo

He looked like a lost dog at one point. I think I’m losing the ability to review solos because I know their song choices are limited.

Song title: Always
Artist/Band: Bon Jovi
Where you’ve heard the song before: I mean, who doesn’t love some Jovi? Even Cat loves it.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Comfort’s solo

I love me some Mary J. sometimes. This was one of those times. I liked this better than her solo last week.

Song title: Just Fine
Artist/Band: Mary J. Blige
Where you’ve heard the song before: It’s been around. I mean, it’s no Stop and Stare but it got airplay.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Chris’ solo

There’s something about his dancing that bothers me. And this song did nothing to help that.

Song title: After Tonight
Artist/Band: Justin Nozuka
Where you’ve heard the song before: I’ve never heard of it, but he did a guest spot on Degrassi: the Next Generation, so I’m sure some people have heard the song before.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Kourtni’s solo

IMO, Kourtni should dance to Ani Difranco all the time. Her energy was crazy and the way she used Ani’s words to elevate her choreography was amazing. I want to see her on tour. Dancing to this song.

Song title: Fire Door (Live)
Artist/Band: Ani Difranco
Where you’ve heard the song before: I like Ani, but if you’re not into her, you might not be familiar with the song.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Matt’s solo

Once I got past his fabulous shirt, I ended up loving his solo. The song was simple so we were able to concentrate on his movement. I ended up loving it.

Song title: I’m Yours
Artist/Band: Jason Mraz
Where you’ve heard the song before: On his newest album.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Jordin Spark’s performance

First off, I thought that if she sang right now, she’d lose her voice forever? Second, performers actually sing live these days? Third, I didn’t realize til she stopped walking that the heels clicking was in the music and not her heels. That is all.

Song title: One Step at a Time
Artist/Band: Jordin Sparks
Where you’ve heard the song before: On the raaadiooo. Oh oh. I sang that. Even though I sound nothing like Regina Spektor.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Girl’s Goodbye Montage song

You go from Kate Voegele to Idina Menzel to Avril Lavigne?! Seriously??? Pick a better song!!! At least they switch it every week.

Song title: When You’re Gone
Artist/Band: Avril Lavigne
Where you’ve heard the song before: .On her tour…oh wait…she can’t give those tickets away. ;)
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Guy’s Goodbye Montage Song

FINALLY! A different OneRepublic song! Loved it.

Song title: All We Are
Artist/Band: OneRepublic
Where you’ve heard the song before: On Gossip Girl. What’s that? You don’t watch that show? Well you should.
Where you can listen to the whole song:


blog comments powered by Disqus