Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Top 14 Performance Show - Some Quick Thoughts

What does guest judge Adam Shankman have against Chinese and Italian people? Why food, not people? Huh?

Cagney & Lacey...I'm sorry, Kameron & Lacey. I almost forgot he was on stage. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I know it's hard for some of us to warm up to her (I'm still not sure why), but she really is an amazing dancer and performer.

Cedric & Shauna. In this case, I found myself watching Cedric, He acquitted himself quite well, and FWIW, I never thought his foxtrot was THAT bad. I guess there were a couple of glitches, but it was...
CLICK TO CONTINUE

nice to see him get some judge love for a change. I'll have to watch it again to give Shauna a fair appraisal. Their wardrobe matched the dance style well.

Danny & Anya. Didn't Anya look great as a blond? Congratulations to Tyce, it was beautifully choreographed. I thought he used both dancer's strengths well, without beating us over the head that he was doing it. We love Anya here, and hope she's safe tomorrow night. Danny too.

Pasha & Sara. For the first time, we could see Pasha winning this thing. He channeled the best of Benji. We agree with Nigel, it was magic. Sara held her own, more than we had seen before.

Dominic & Sabra. Again, you could fill a laboratory full of beakers and Bunsen burners with all the chemistry goin' on. Go Shane! Go Sabra! Go Dominic!

Hok & Jaimie. Apparently, Jaimie can't do anything, including playing basketball, without doing that high leg thing. Nice job by choreographer Toni Redfern. If Mia Michaels choreographed waltzes, I think it would look something like this. I guess I'm a latent waltz fan. Pasha & Jessi's smooth waltz, and Danny & Anya's Viennese waltz are among my favorite routines of the season. This wasn't quite in that class, but it was enjoyable to watch.

Neil & Lauren. Wade Robson is the couple whisperer, but I'm not sure even he can fix this couple. The music and movement reminded me a bit of Jesus & Sara's Cabaret Hoover, though a bit more pleasant. It seemed more performance than dance. Is that a bad thing? I'm not sure yet.