Sunday, August 19, 2007

Around The Web


EW.com interviews Sabra:

How hard was it for you to adapt to all the reality TV rules, like Look at this camera! Now this one! Now this one...
That was new to me. I was in Disney's High School Musical, but just in the background. It was new, having to speak for [myself]. You know, I always have a lot to say, but [the producers] tell you, ''Okay, put that into three words'' and ''Make yourself look interesting.'' And you know, it's a popularity contest, and I hate to ever, ever be fake. Toward the end, I kept thinking, I don't ever want to put off the impression that I'm not being myself. It was hard, and then it got even harder, trying to always stay the same person and not change just because of the situation.


MORE


BuzzSugar adds some thoughts to their finale wrap-up, for instance:
After all the hype the daughter-daddy dance got just a few weeks back, I was surprised how long it took for a judge to mention it as a favorite. In fact, I thought the Greatest Dance Performance Ever in the History of Television might not even get an encore. But it ultimately did, and so I'm wondering: Was it less effective for you the second time around? It seemed a lot cheesier to me.


MORE



Beckylooo wraps up the finale and season in this piece:
The biggest surprise for me was Lacey. Man did I fall in love with her last night. She showed a maturity we’ve never before seen from her. First with the way she so graciously handled her elimination. I was surprised by how emotional I got when she was told it wasn’t her night. And then in the repeat of the Father Daughter piece… Hells bells. For those that don’t remember, I was not a fan of the original incarnation. I tried like hell to get it but it left me cold. Not last night. It slayed me last night. Lacey dropped all her schtick and gave in to the moment, gave in to her honest emotion at the end of this journey. The dance became about their own ending and their new beginning. The wave she offers to Neil at the top was so heartfelt and simple. Nothing like the first time she did it where it was all “Acting.” I was so proud of her I thought I’d burst.


MORE


I've seen a couple of reports that Toronto tour tickets have sold out. It appears they're still available elsewhere.

SOURCE



Ducky reviews High School Musical 2.

LINK


Jaymz Tuaileva is pictured in this article about a very successful school dance program in suburban Chicago.

LINK