Thursday, February 7, 2008

SYTYCD News Roundup

Fox Utah reports from call back day of the Salt Lake City auditions.

LINK


This blogger, Maria, auditioned AND got to interview Cat Deeley.

Today was the second round. Since Salt lake City had the biggest turnout ever, they had to do another quick cut. We did the improv thing for Nigel, Mary and Mandy Moore. I once again got through that round. That narrowed it down to about 85 dancers. We also did a second set of interviews, and when the producers heard I sing in a Bluegrass band, they had me sing on camera. (It was 8 in the morning and I wasn't warmed up, so it'll probably be scary)

After that we did our own choreographed solos. They were three people ahead of me, when the stage manager came running down the aisle, calling my name. He took me out into the lobby, told me to go upstairs. Okay... so I walk up the stairs and there is Cat Deeley (the gorgeous blonde British host) waiting for me! They chose ME to do a one-on-one interview with her! We talked for about 10 min on camera, and I would've loved to talk longer, but then the stage manager grabbed me again, whisked me back downstairs, and said, "you're on stage NOW". I freaked!


MORE



Doriana Sanchez will be choreographing the new Las Vegas show starring that conglomeration of bionics and petrochemicals we call Cher.
For 90 minutes, the legendary icon will perform her hits from across the decades merged with innovative staging and technology, breathtaking choreography by Doriana Sanchez and stunning costumes created by world-renowned designer Bob Mackie. Aptly titled, Cher at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, the ultra-glitzy show that is as glamorous as the artist herself, opens May 6, 2008.




USAToday has a story about tonight's premier of Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew. We learn that the crews will be required to show some versatility:
MTV program chief Tony DiSanto says having established teams adds a new element.

"What makes this unlike any other show is that group dynamic. It's not people who are put together. These are people who have been working together a long time to make a greater whole," he says. "The show will get into the drama and stories of these kids."

Teams will be pushed out of their comfort zones when they are asked to perform different kinds of dances under the hip-hop umbrella, DiSanto says. "If they're a b-boy crew, all of a sudden we could have them do a big, broad choreography number from the Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation video."


LINK




Wednesday night's So You Think You Can Dance Australia Sydney audition show again had the highest ratings.

SOURCE