Friday, July 11, 2008

Natalie's Top 12 Results Show Music Recap - UPDATED


Mary said that she’d fight for Jessica and Will. Nigel said that Twitch and Kherington would probably be safe. Why are they performing solos? It was a good excuse to see Thayne perform one more time though. His solo a few weeks ago was weak, but tonight’s was a good way to go out.

I couldn’t figure out what Comfort’s montage song was. Let me know if anyone knows what it is! Thanks to the commenter below for identifying the montage song!

Napoleon and Tabitha’s Top 12 Group Routine

This is one of my guilty pleasure songs (I know how much you love that phrase Ted). It’s a shame that Napoleon and Tab can apparently only make fabulous choreography for 2 people at one time. That was pretty awful and fell flat, IMO. Maybe super choppy cuts would have helped it?

Song title: Closer
Artist/Band: Ne-Yo
Where you’ve heard the song before: It’s mainstream, so on your run-of-the-mill Top 40 radio stations.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



More after the jump...


The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s Revelations Performance

I could barely focus on the song. Beautiful technicians.

Song title: Sinner Man
Artist/Band: Billy Porter Billy Pointer (Thanks to a reader below for clarifying that for me.
Where you can listen to the whole song:

There doesn’t seem to be anyone who has this song. I wish I could find it. Very powerful stuff.

You can find the song at iTunes.

You can find the whole soundtrack for Revelations at Amazon.


Comfort’s solo

There was a little more variety in this one. She used the stage and the song well.

Song title: Oh Timbaland
Artist/Band: Timbaland
Where you’ve heard the song before: You’ve heard it on the show. Dan Karaty choreographed a routine to this for Danny and Anya.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Thayne’s solo

Hey there Thayne. I knew I liked you. Using a different OneRepublic song (that probably came from the “music lady”). I can’t wait to see what Mia does for him. This is probably my favorite solo from him.

Song title: Come Home
Artist/Band: OneRepublic
Where you’ve heard the song before: I feel like a show like Cold Case used this song before. I’m probably making that up.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Jessica’s solo

This was a huge improvement over her last solo. I’m a fan of Adele, and Jessica’s movement with the melody was wonderful.

Song title: Best for Last
Artist/Band: Adele
Where you’ve heard the song before: Our second Adele song this season. I’d guess the mystery “music lady” suggested this one (I think I’ll keep referring to her as the “music lady” until I find out what her story is).
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Will’s solo

Oh look something different. Will with no shirt on. Nigel said it best. He looked like he could have been one of the Alvin Ailey dancers.

Song title: Daraijin
Artist/Band: Kodo
Where you’ve heard the song before: I’ve never heard of Kodo before.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Kherington’s solo

Another OneRepublic song. All we’ve ever seen her do her solos to has been this band.

Song title: All We Are
Artist/Band: OneRepublic
Where you’ve heard the song before: I hope that, by now, you’ve listened to their whole album.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Twitch’s solo

I could watch Twitch do whatever he does all day.

Song title: We Gonna Win
Artist/Band: Miri Ben-Ari
Where you’ve heard the song before: He danced to this song before, I think. I liked this time better.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Katy Perry’s performance

She made the PCD look professional…maybe not.

Song title: I Kissed a Girl
Where you’ve heard the song before: It's all over.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Comfort’s Goodbye Montage

I can’t find out what this song is anywhere. Maybe it will be like Rebecca Hart’s audition song. We’ll never figure it out until the artist’s rep comes forward and tells us.

Many thanks to the commenter below for identifying the song!!!

Song title: The Greatest
Artist/Band: Michelle Williams
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Thayne’s Goodbye Montage

I’m tired of hearing different songs every week now. I like to complain?

Song title: Believe
Artist/Band: Staind
Where you’ve heard the song before: It was just recently released on their Myspace page.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



Top 12 Results Show Music Playlist


SYTYCD Top 12 Results Show Music

blog comments powered by Disqus