Monday, June 18, 2007

Off-Topic: Paul Potts Wrap-up


Don't worry, we aren't becoming an opera blog. The buzz surrounding the Paul Potts story has been amazing.

Ray Connolly at the Daily Mail:

TV executives everywhere should take note. You don’t need to spend vast fortunes by encouraging confrontation between caged weirdos to make entertainment. What you really need is heart. And no one has more heart than the dedicated amateur.

LINK

The Times Online reports a trip to the dentist is next for Potts:
Potts, who has also landed a record deal with Simon Cowell, the TV show judge, said of fixing his teeth: "I'm not sure about veneers but I do want to get the crown repaired. It would be nice to be able to smile naturally. I feel very self conscious about it at the moment. But whatever I do I'm not going to change who I am."

LINK

In another article, the Times Online quoted us (thanks!) and other bloggers.

LINK

MSNBC: Find your inner Paul Potts.

LINK