Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Recaps

Nate Levy at Levy On TV recaps.

Opening Thoughts: Shauna’s looking a lot less frumpy. Lacey copies her brother with a slide move. I think Cedric has an excess of joint fluid. Neil twirls like a second-rate Travis. Danny twirls like a first-rate Travis. Mia’s judging, so no kickass contemporary routines this week I guess. Hopefully, she’ll do some good bitchy judging. Well, Mia’s either delusional or lying because she claims that the best 3 male dancers were the bottom last week. Cedric and Dominic are nowhere near the best dancers here. Mary blames America. Nigel blames “dance snobs”, while looking at Mary.

MORE

Fangasm says it was another GREAT night on SYTYCD.
Sabra and Dominic / Contemporary: This choregraphy was meant to resemble a creature and a bird. I guess it’s bird night on SYTYCD. The performance made me say wow. I totally had to eat my words regarding Dominic. Mia said that Dom is truly what the competition is about. Mary said she absolutely loved it and said that Sabra was beautiful. Nigel said that they delivered.

MORE

Hanh Nguyen at From Inside The Box:
Jaimie/Hok - This is where I'm sometimes glad about my ignorance regarding ballroom dance styles because I thoroughly enjoyed this performance. So even though the couple wasn't technically proficient, what I saw was great energy, personality, partnering, rhythm and natural showmanship. Sure, I noticed that it didn't have the traditional close holds, but I never felt this show was really about appealing to anything established.

MORE