Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Week Of Danny

Between a New York Times article and guest judge Adam Shankman's comments, we've talked a lot about Danny Tidwell this week. Our friend Beckylooo posted the video below to her blog. It's a Danny we haven't seen on the show. Read her article here.


We blogged a post by Jennifer Garam at WriteousChicks. She has responded to some of the feedback she received:

I have gotten some feedback on my recent So You Think You Can Dance post regarding arrogance and humility as it pertains to Danny. Specifically, that lack of humility gives off the impression that you think you are better than everyone else, and that Danny will not be as likable to America i.e. the voters if he is arrogant. I take this to mean that if Danny comes off as overly-confident or “arrogant,” he will be punished by the voting public for displaying this kind of behavior, and that their votes will go to someone else. And sadly, this may be true.

In response to these comments, I’d like to make the distinction between arrogance and confidence. As I’ve written, I don’t find Danny to be arrogant. For example, I don’t think saying that he was surprised to find himself in the bottom 3 was an arrogant statement, I think it was truthful.


LINK