Friday, July 4, 2008

Natalie's Top 14 Results Show Music Recap


Musically, tonight was boring for me. Plus they cut one of my favorite female dancers. The montage songs were very…interesting? They ranged from a group of 12 and 14 year old girls to a band that’s been around for decades.

Hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July weekend!

Tyce Diorio’s Broadway routine

So, the camera angle and the cuts were less severe in this and I’m not sure it helped. I know, I’ve always wanted a wider camera angle that showcased all of the dancers, but somehow Tyce’s choreography didn’t hold up by itself. The music was fun?

Song title: Money, Money
Artist/Band: Cabaret (The New Broadway Cast Recording)
Where you’ve heard the song before: You’ve heard a song from Cabaret before. The Top 4 from S3 danced to Mein Herr.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Robert Muraine’s performance

What part of the song didn’t Robert use?

Song title: Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
Artist/Band: C+ C Factory
Where you’ve heard the song before: Were you born in or around the 80’s? Then you’ve heard this song.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



More after the jump...
Kourtni’s solo

She has amazing control and the song just elevated all of that. She dances with her soul. Ugh. I need her to be on the tour.

Song title: No Man
Artist/Band: Nina Storey
Where you’ve heard the song before: You’ve probably never heard this song before. If you like Tori Amos, you should try out Nina Storey.
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Matt’s solo

I could watch him dance for hours, as long as it’s in his style. He always picks softer, slower songs, since his movement is softer. This was just another example of how fluid he can be. And how his choreography can be paired with a wonderful song.

Song title: Sweet Contentment
Artist/Band: Bradley James and the Roadies
Where you’ve heard the song before: They’re up-and-comers. I wonder if Matt knows them personally or just found them on Myspace or Facebook.
Where you can listen to the whole song:

I couldn’t find a place to download the song, but their Facebook page has the full song.




Courtney’s solo

Manic. Ugh. Double ugh. The song didn’t call for this kind of movement from her. She couldn’t find her center in her turns because she was all over the place.

Song title: What’s Another Day
Artist/Band: Maria Mena
Where you’ve heard the song before: Lauren did her Top 6 solo to Maria Mena’s song, Sorry.
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Gev’s solo

Poppers use every single beat of the song. Every accent. Gev is no exception.

Song title: Everybody Loves a Carnival
Artist/Band: Fatboy Slim
Where you’ve heard the song before: This is one of those songs that I know I’ve heard but I can’t remember where.
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Comfort’s solo

For some of it I felt like she wasn’t dancing with the music. Maybe it’s just because I didn’t understand her movement?

Song title: Hit The Floor
Artist/Band: Twista feat. Pitbull
Where you’ve heard the song before: Dmitry and Joy did a hip hop routine to this during season 2. Shane Sparks choreographed. There was even some tutting that he loves to talk about on ABDC.
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Thayne’s solo

I didn’t get it. The song and how he danced to it. Queen makes me feel like you can’t be too soft in your movement. Thayne is a bit timid for me.

Song title: I Want to Break Free
Artist/Band: Queen
Where you’ve heard the song before: It was released in 1984, but I’m sure you’ve heard it before. More info at Wikipedia.
Where you can listen to the whole song:





OneRepublic’s performance

Put it this way…this is the first performance on SYTYCD this season that I didn’t fast forward through.

Song title: Say (All I Need)
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Girls Goodbye Montage Song

Um. Dear Fox & Uncle Nigel, please try to pick a better montage song for the girls next week. Two duds in a row. Avril and now Clique Girlz. Let’s just say they were on the Bratz movie soundtrack and opened for Demi Lovato, the girl that stars in Camp Rock. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m a pseudo-12 year old girl and love most things tween, but this is where I draw the line.

Song title: Incredible
Artist/Band: Clique Girlz
Where you’ve heard the song before: On the Six Flags tour? No?
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Guy’s Goodbye Montage Song

I’m a fan of CSN, but for this audience, I think that they should pick a more accessible song.

Song title: Might As Well Have a Good Time
Artist/Band: Crosby, Stills, & Nash
Where you’ve heard the song before: It’s on their album Daylight Again
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Full Music Playlist





blog comments powered by Disqus