Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SYTYCD Tour Coverage

Murtz Jaffer of Reality Dish is releasing interviews each day this week with a different pair of dancers on the tour. In his introduction, he states:

When the dancers arrived in Toronto, I spent a few minutes with each pair during the prss hour and interviewed them in detail. I can say in all honesty that I was easily the most prepared in the room...and that I challenge you to find more thorough coverage of the show and tour that has taken North America by storm.

Ahem...


Yesterday's interview was with Sara and Jesus. Today's interview is with Dominic and Shauna.
Murtz Jaffer: So let me start by asking you what your favorite performance was during the season?

Dominic Sandoval: Does it have to be ours, or can it be someone else's?

MJ: It can be someone else's, whatever you like.

DS: I think starting the week off with Lacey and Kameron's contemporary, I think that really set it off for me. It's still one of my favorite routines of the whole season, so I would have to stay with that one. The Mia Michaels one.

Shauna Noland: I would have to say that one of my favorites was Dom and Sabra's rumba. I liked it. I thought it was cute.

DS: I'd have to agree.

SN: Dominic did his cute little walks.

DS: And I had these pants on that showed my booty. You would have liked it too!

SN: It looked nice Dom. It was great!

DS: Got me some votes.

SN: Yeah.


MORE


In an open letter to Nigel Lythgoe, blogger Sivecroi puts into words what most of us felt when we heard he wished to combine tours for So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol.
This is going to mean a major increase in the size of the venue and the price of the ticket. I was extremely disappointed when SYTYCD left the intimacy of the theaters and was moved to arenas. The smaller the venue, the closer you can get to the stage. I want to be able to see my favorite dancers perform. I'm not paying to watch ants dart across a stage. Ticket prices right now are fairly reasonable for SYTYCD. Combine these two tours and in order to see my favorite dancers I now have to pay at least double per ticket.

Combining a dance tour with a pop star tour seems like a great idea on paper. But as a fan I would much rather just see the dancers of SYTYCD perform. What they get on the SYTYCD stage is pure talent. I don't want to pay to see American Idol stars in the same way that I don't even want to pay to see Dancing with the Stars on tour. I also don't want to deal with the crazy American Idol fans. I just want to see SYTYCD and deal with those crazy fans.

MORE


This article in the Star-Telegram talks about last night's show in Grand Prairie, and says there is a second show tonight. Huh? Is that true? It's not on the schedule and I've heard nothing about any shows being added.

LINK