Friday, June 13, 2008

Results Show Music


Tonight marked the triumphant return of Wade to the SYTYCD stage. He’ll be missed this season, but it was nice to see his and his wife’s choreography at least once. He always uses songs well. Every single beat is utilized. I have to say though, watching Rama-lama-bang-bang and then this, made me realize just how much I miss the dancers from Season 2.

We had a few more repeat songs tonight. Baby’s Romance & Mas Que Nada. I don’t think any of the dancer’s really "used" the songs they chose. Although William Wingfield’s solo was pretty fantastic. When I saw he was using an acoustic version of a Gavin DeGraw song, it made me warm and fuzzy inside because it reminded me of Travis.

Onto the music...

Song title: Cobrastyle
Artist/Band: Robyn
Where you heard it on the show: Wade’s Top 20 routine
Where you've heard it before: On her new album.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: I Can Make You Dance
Artist/Band: Zapp
Where you heard it on the show: Poppin’ Pete & Shonn Boog’s performance
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: I Wanna Dance with Somebody
Artist/Band: The Side Project
Where you heard it on the show: Kourtni Lind’s solo to fight for her life
Where you've heard it before: You’ve probably never heard this version, but I know you’ve heard this a time or two or 239401 before.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: The Baby’s Romance
Artist/Band: Chris Garneau
Where you heard it on the show: Matt’s solo to fight for his life
Where you've heard it before: Jason Glover’s solo during Vegas week
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: As I am (Intro)
Artist/Band: Alicia Keys
Where you heard it on the show: Rayven’s solo to fight for her life
Where you've heard it before: On her album? Ha.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: Mas Que Nada
Artist/Band: Sergio Mendes and the Black Eyed Peas
Where you heard it on the show: Jamie’s solo to fight for his life
Where you've heard it before: It’s been all over this show. Ballroom dancers. I’m having visions of Cousin Heidi, Faina, and possibly Dmitry.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: Misery Business
Artist/Band: Paramore
Where you heard it on the show: Jessica King’s solo to fight for her life
Where you've heard it before: It's angry and angsty. So it's been on MTV.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: More Than Anyone (Acoustic Version)
Artist/Band: Gavin DeGraw
Where you heard it on the show: William Wingfield’s solo to fight for his life
Where you've heard it before:
Where you can listen to the whole song:





Song title: When I Grow Up
Artist/Band: Pussycat Dolls
Where you heard it on the show: When you had to listen to and watch those 5 ladies shriek and gyrate during those painful 5 minutes of waiting for the judges to deliberate.
Where you've heard it before: I’m sure you’ll be bumping to it in your car soon enough.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




Song title: It’s Only Life
Artist/Band: Kate Voegele
Where you heard it on the show: The goodbye montage for the girls.
Where you've heard it before: If you’re a One Tree Hill watcher, like me, you’ve heard this song before. I like bad scripted tv.
Where you can listen to the whole song:



*On a side note: You know what’s funny, when I emailed Ted about writing this post every week, I said that I thought Kate Voegele would make her way onto the show. Through different solos or what not. I must be able to see the future. Heroes style.


Song title: Best Days
Artist/Band: Graham Colton
Where you heard it on the show: The goodbye montage for the guys.
Where you've heard it before: I want to say I heard this on Idol. Not so sure though.
Where you can listen to the whole song:




If you have any suggestions of artists that people maybe like, feel free to comment about them. I'm not always familiar with all of the music that SYTYCD gets the rights to, so I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

blog comments powered by Disqus