Saturday, June 14, 2008

SYTYCD News Roundup

BuddyTV does its weekly interview with the dearly departed, Jamie Bayard and Rayvyn Armijo.




Listen in to an IM chat between Crosswalk.com Senior Editor Laura MacCorkle and co-worker Chad about Thursday's results show.




Here's an example of why mainstream media fails while new media grows. TVGuide's Kara Howland:

I tried for a good five, if not ten, minutes to figure out how to turn my closed captioning on. I finally gave up thinking I’d just Google the dancers to make sure I spelled their names right (Google failed me; couldn't find them!). So if any of you want to take pity on me and tell me how to work my DirecTV remote correctly, I’d be appreciative. Where was I?

What? Hello? You can't find the dancer's names on Google???




Joshua Allen is Ryan Welton's early favorite to win So You Think You Can Dance. I'd want to see how he handles at least one other style before I'd make that leap.




LA Times blogger Stephanie Lysaght talks with the judges after the results show:
Will and Jessica got rave reviews from the judges. Why do you think they landed in the bottom three?

Nigel Lythgoe: I honestly don’t know. Their position in the show was good. She lost her balance a couple of times, and it may have been that, where people said, ‘It wasn’t good enough.’ Maybe they don’t like that style of dance. Maybe neither Will nor Jessica has gotten over their personality for their audience.

Mary Murphy: It’s so early that the public hasn’t latched on to the personalities yet, or how extraordinary they are. A lot of it is just not aired, so we know as judges, but the public just doesn’t have a grasp on how extraordinary Will is.

Dan Karaty: I was really shocked to see them dropped into the bottom three. I don’t know why it happened. The public votes. Hey, ya know, maybe they know better than me, but I don’t think that was necessarily the right decision. They’re both phenomenal dancers, and Will especially. He stands out above the rest. I really feel he does.

I think being in the bottom 3 was the best thing that could have happened to them, because it gave Will a chance to show America this.





Gev Manoukian's family is well known in the world of ice skating.

blog comments powered by Disqus