Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SYTYCD News Update

Mia Michaels Has been heavily criticized lately for comments many deem harsh. Brill Bundy at From Inside The Box gives her a chance to tell her side of the story:

"What America doesn't know is the relationship," she explains at the TCA Summer Press Tour, saying that what she brings to the judging table is a choreographer's perspective. "There's a beautiful, beautiful collaboration and very nurturing [atmosphere]. For me especially, I nurture them. I'm Mamma Mia and they look to me for that tough love actually.

"So, when I say it, American might go, 'Oh my God, that's so harsh.'

"[The dancers] are cool with it. They know. They know I only want them to be brilliant."

More...



EW.com gets the lowdown on those IV REAL t-shirts. Turns out it's just an inside joke.



So You Think You Can Dance's Mark Kanemura went to the same Honolulu high school as Fanny Pack's (America's Best Dance Crew) Cara Horibe.



Thayne Jasperson is wasting no time self pity. He has a teaching gig this week.



ALERT! Comment thread contains a choreographer/dance spoiler for this week.

blog comments powered by Disqus